I’d rather build a boy, than mend a man…
…I read this quote on the wall of a youth prison for boys a few years ago. It has stuck with me ever since. It has got me thinking… Thinking about boys that will become men, men that will someday be leaders, leaders that will – in some way or another – influence others.
That is exciting to me:
- I love when people grow: boys becoming men.
- I love when people learn and mature: men becoming leaders.
- I love when people make a difference: leaders being influencers.
But at the same time it is scary!
- What if the boys don’t become the men they are meant to be?
- What if the men start leading the wrong direction?
- What if leaders are being a bad influence?
Look around the world we live in. There are plenty of examples around. Sad examples. Disturbing examples.
But there are also plenty of good examples. GREAT examples. I have seen them. I have heard them. I have experienced them. And these great examples keep me going. These great examples get me excited!
They get me excited about what is possible when you build a boy…teach a dad…or train a leader!
I want to be a part of that!
What about you? Does this get you excited? Do you have stories to share? I’d love to hear from you!